Viator expands its mobile service in German
01/03/2012 Leave a comment
Finally there is a mobile solution for Viator`s service in German. The tour and activity provider recently launched its mobile website in three European languages: German (de.m.viator.com), Spanish (es.m.viator.com) and French (fr.m.viator.com). The mobile website, which is fully optimized for all smartphone devices, offers its users:
• Research of Viator’s 9,000 activities in more than 150 countries
• Access to more than 330,000 traveler reviews and photos
• Latest availability and pricing, even at the last minute
• Click to Book with confirmation and voucher delivery via email
• Call to Book with a Viator agent with flexible email or fax confirmation and voucher delivery, ideal for in-destination bookings
• Check-in for activities with paperless e-vouchers
Whether before a trip or last minute with location based search, users of the mobile website easily find and book an activity from Viator`s portfolio within a few clicks.
Nevertheless, the mobile website exemplifies that transferring a service from one language into another is not as trivial as it may seem. Thus, reading the reviews at de.m.viator.com the user has to struggle with machine-translated texts. Conversely, some of the activity descriptions are only available in English.
Viator`s newly launched mobile website for German users complements its web presence. Additionally, the Australian provider offers mobile solutions for iPhone and iPod touch as well as for iPad users. Those apps are only available in English. Read more about the functions of the “Viator Tours & Activities”app in the Mobile Travel App Guide Edition 2012 powered by ITB.